Since 1969, FRM has been a leader in the electrical industry, providing knowledge, experience, and service to the electrical industry. With locations in Tampa, FL, Norcross, GA and Charlotte, NC, FRM is strategically positioned to provide same or next day service to our electrical partners across the southeast U.S.
With over 120 Professionals, FRM offers the experience and strength to serve the electrical market in the southeast.
FRM sells through a network of valued Electrical Distributors, and is focused on the Engineer, Contractor, and End-User.
FRM represents our quality manufacturers with the utmost professionalism and expertise.
FRM services the Commercial, Residential, and Industrial marketplace as well as the Utility market. With knowledge of Low Voltage (24-volt) product through High Voltage (269kV), FRM is well-positioned to exceed your electrical needs.
Providing Electrical Services Since 1969
Wert Fox, Bob Rowden and Lamar Smith were graduates of the Management and Engineering Schools of the Georgia Institute of Technology. They began their careers in 1965 as field sales representatives for Kaiser Aluminum’s Electrical Cable Division.
They were responsible for sales and specifications of Kaiser’s aluminum conductor products to the electrical utility, industrial, commercial and residential markets of Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.
After 4 years in the industry, Wert, Bob and Lamar decided to start their own electrical manufacturer’s representative business and founded Fox-Rowden-Smith, Inc. on June 30, 1969, opening their first office and warehouse in Norcross, Ga. The first manufacturers FRS represented were Conalco Aluminum Conduit and Olin Conductors of Chattanooga, TN.
Olin Conductors was a manufacturer of aluminum conductor products for the electrical utility market and hired FRS to represent them for the REA and municipal customers in the states of Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Florida.
Several years later, Olin Conductors introduced aluminum wire and cable products for the industrial, commercial and residential markets. Olin’s expansion into these markets enabled FRS to solicit the representation of manufacturers that offered products not just to the electrical utility markets, but also for the industrial, commercial and residential markets in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, E. Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
Lamar Smith left Fox-Rowden-Smith, Inc. to pursue other interests.
Ken McBrayer joined the company as a salesman, became a partner several years later and relocated to Charlotte, NC. to oversee the territories of North and South Carolina and southern Virginia. The company name was then changed to Fox-Rowden-McBrayer, Inc.
Eddie Jordan joined FRM in the state of Florida as an outside salesman covering North Florida. Eddie replaced Ken McBrayer when Ken relocated to Charlotte. Eddie had responsibility for the Tampa operation which handled Mid and North Florida, while also maintaining his role as an outside salesman in the Tampa and Orlando markets.
Fox-Rowden-McBrayer, Inc. had grown to 75 employees and represented a variety of top manufacturers producing electrical products for all sectors of the electrical industry.
FRM had a total of 225,000 sq. ft. of office and warehouse space in Norcross, Ga, Ft. Lauderdale, FL., Tampa, Fl. and Charlotte, NC. servicing 7 states in the Southeast.
Wert Fox retired from FRM. Following Wert’s retirement, Eddie Jordan became a partner in FRM and moved to Atlanta where he had responsibility for the sales and operations in Georgia, Alabama and Eastern Tennessee. Eddie retired from FRM in 2005.
John Lindgren, Tom Pierce, Mark Fink, Andy Singleton and Greg Stuart became partners in FRM. Each of them had worked for the company for many years and had experience in both sales and management. Their involvement in the company insured a smooth transition to a new chapter in the history of FRM and represented the culmination of the long term plan that Bob Rowden and Ken McBrayer had envisioned.
Bob Rowden and Ken McBrayer retired from FRM and sold their remaining ownership interests to John, Tom, Mark, Andy and Greg.
In April of 2015, John, Tom, Mark, Andy and Greg became the sole owners of FRM. Since that date, they have held firm to the core values of FRM, while simultaneously reinvesting in the infrastructure of the company to carry it forward for a new generation of employees, customers and manufacturers. Significant investments have been made in technology, training and personnel to position the company for growth and sustainability. FRM is committed to growth and change as necessary elements to survive and flourish.
If you are looking for your next career move and want to be a part of a hardworking, passionate, dedicated and fun team, check out our available positions and apply today!
We are currently hiring for an order entry position in our Charlotte office.
Overview: effectively answers incoming calls, enters orders, and assists with manufacturer billing as part of a team.
Answers incoming phone calls promptly, professionally, and with a friendly demeanor. Understand the FRM phone system and how to use it effectively.
- Enters orders timely and accurately; double-checks part numbers coded by inside sales where possible; ensures freight terms, customer information, and order notes are accurately listed on orders. Makes correct changes to orders when necessary.
- Responds to distributor customer, manufacturer, and FRM sales and management requests timely and accurately.
- Has a basic understanding of NEMRA/IRIS and other inventory systems our manufacturers use (for assigned lines if applicable).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge about the type of products each manufacturer makes.
- Ensures all manufacturer billing is accurate and completed in a timely manner for assigned manufacturers. Work with Inside Sales, FRM leadership and manufacturers to resolve issues quickly.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with distributor customers, manufacturers, and FRM sales team both via phone and email. Commitment to Continuous Growth
- Seeks to grow in understanding of all product lines we represent.
- Strives to grow in understanding of the role an electrical manufacturer’s representative plays in our industry.
- Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Builds and sustains both internal and external relationships – friendly and responsive.
- Acts with integrity – inspires trust and open communication.
- Demonstrates a professional image and demeanor.
- Takes initiative and is accountable for actions and results – committed to excellence.
- Possesses a sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Persists in the face of difficulties.
- High stress tolerance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
AL/GA/TN and FL Panhandle